Etihad Airways, the national carrier of the UAE, has opened a dedicated early check-in facility at Abu Dhabi International Airport available from November 25 to December 31, allowing passengers to check in from 8 hours up to 24 hours before their flight.
Using the service, one person can check in and drop off baggage on behalf of family members travelling together, but must present the travel and Covid-19 related documents for the entire group. The early check-in desk is open from 9am to 4am, seven days a week, and is located at Skypark Plaza level three. Guests using this facility will receive two hours of free parking at Skypark whilst checking in.
Alternatively, guests can also check in from the comfort of home using Etihad’s Home Check-In service. Check in bags, pick a seat and collect the boarding pass and bag tags before leaving the house. When it’s time to fly, you can skip the queues and make your way to the airport hassle-free. Fees start from just AED220 ($60) and travellers can use promotional code EYWINTER10 to save 10% on all home check-in packages until January 15, 2022.
Etihad’s top tips for a smooth travel experience:
1. Use the Home Check-In or Early Check-in facilities, if possible. If not, please check-in online and arrive early. During peak times, Economy Class check-in for non-US flights opens four hours before departure and closes one hour before departure. Business and First class check-in closes 45 minutes before departure. For US flights check-in closes two hours before the flight. Boarding for all Etihad Airways departures closes 20 minutes before departure.
2. Verified to Fly? Visit ‘Manage my booking’ on etihad.com to share Covid-related travel documents. Approval will be shared by email giving passengers confidence that all required documents are in place. Approved passengers can use fast-track ‘Verified to Fly’ desks at the airport, or the self-service kiosks.
3. Important - check the flight timing and departure terminal. Given the significant increase in passenger numbers, Etihad Airways will relocate check-in for Economy class guests travelling on select flights. Please check the latest information on etihad.com or the Etihad app.
4. Check the destination requirements. With travel restrictions changing frequently, Etihad recommends visiting etihad.com/destinationguide to check the latest updates before the journey begins.
5. When travelling to the US, benefit from the US Customs and Border Protection facility (USCBP), meaning all immigration and customs formalities will be completed in Abu Dhabi before departing. Guests must present themselves at the USCBP facility no later than 90 minutes before departure.
6. Check the baggage allowance before leaving for the airport: the cabin baggage policy is 7kg for Economy class and 12kg for First and Business class guests. Maximum cabin baggage dimensions are: height 50cm, depth 25cm, width 40cm. Alternatively, pre-purchase additional hold baggage at special rates before departure on etihad.com or through the app.
7. Etihad Airways Business Class Lounge is available for guests wishing to enjoy Etihad’s premium hospitality before boarding. Guests travelling in Economy may purchase access at the Etihad Lounge. Entrance is complimentary for guests travelling in premium cabins. – TradeArabia News Service
TTN is the most established trade publication in the Middle East distributed on a controlled circulation basis to members of the travel and tourism industry.
Published monthly by Al Hilal Publishing and Marketing Group, the region’s foremost trade publisher, TTN is aimed at professionals in the industry, from travel agents to airline and hotel personnel.
TTN provides in-depth and extensive coverage of relevant issues in the Middle East and North Africa as well as in other parts of the world. Travel related news, analysis, and new appointments together with information on up-coming exhibitions, marketing and promotional campaigns are presented in an innovative and striking colour tabloid.
Every issue also contains a collation of international and regional news and topical features of interest to readers.