People & Events
Who’s going where in the Gulf...
The InterContinental Jordan has announced the promotion of Mohammed Ghanem, assistant front office manager to the position of front office manager as of March 2003.
- SeaDream Yacht Club has appointed Julie Denovan as business development manager, Australia and New Zealand, as it moves to expand sales in the region.
- Mediterranean carrier Cyprus Airways has appointed George Kapello as head of its operations in Saudi Arabia.
- Hertz the car rental company, has appointed Christian Weber as Middle East franchisee director.
Weber, who has been with Hertz for 32 years, will assist in overseeing the smooth functioning of the company's franchise locations across 11 countries in the Middle East.
- Jan Heesbeen is the new country director of marketing at the Amman Marriott Hotel in Jordan.
Heesbeen, a native of Amsterdam, Holland, is a seasoned professional and brings a wealth of experience and talent to his new position. His career spans a total of 26 years, the last 20 with Marriott International.
- Alejandro Helbling has been promoted as the new hotel manager for The Ritz-Carlton, Dubai.
Previously he worked in the food and beverage industry in the Far East, enjoying exotic destinations such as Indonesia, Philippines and Hong Kong before returning to South America with a position in Chile.