Kuoni Travel Holding together with a local partner will acquire, as from July 1 this year, an 80 per cent stake in Dubai based Desert Adventures Tourism. The remaining 20 per cent is being retained by the current managing director of Desert Adventures Tourism, a destination management company present in the United Arab Emirates, Oman, Qatar and Bahrain.
With this acquisition, Kuoni continues to build up its position in this important tourism region.
Desert Adventures Tourism was founded in 1997 in Dubai and offers local services for both leisure and business travel.
The company will retain its 150 staff and the existing management team. The parties have agreed not to divulge the purchase price. Within the Kuoni Group, Desert Adventures Tourism will be integrated into the strategic business division destinations, though the brand name is being retained.
“Desert Adventures Tourism has achieved significant growth over the last financial year, and together with the employees and existing management we intend to accelerate this growth still further,” said Rolf Schafroth, Kuoni Group’s head of strategic business division destinations, at a press conference in Dubai.
This acquisition significantly expands Kuoni's presence in this important tourism region. Kuoni Destination Management opened its first sales office in Dubai in 2001 and in 2006 had built up its own destination management company. These activities are now being merged with Desert Adventures Tourism.
TTN is the most established trade publication in the Middle East distributed on a controlled circulation basis to members of the travel and tourism industry.
Published monthly by Al Hilal Publishing and Marketing Group, the region’s foremost trade publisher, TTN is aimed at professionals in the industry, from travel agents to airline and hotel personnel.
TTN provides in-depth and extensive coverage of relevant issues in the Middle East and North Africa as well as in other parts of the world. Travel related news, analysis, and new appointments together with information on up-coming exhibitions, marketing and promotional campaigns are presented in an innovative and striking colour tabloid.
Every issue also contains a collation of international and regional news and topical features of interest to readers.