In order of value, the top 10 hotel projects within the GCC are:
• The MGM Grand Hotel planned for Abu Dhabi. A $3 billion complex comprising an MGM Grand hotel and two further luxury hotels, providing 1,200 rooms.
• Asia-Asia Hotel, part of the Dubailand development. The $1.625 billion project will provide 6,500 rooms.
• A $1.2 billion budget Qatar Entertainment City project for four five star hotels, each with a capacity of 300 to 400 rooms.
• A multiple hotel development in Jabal al-Kaaba in Makkah, Saudi Arabia, budget of $710 million for 9 hotels, total 10,000 rooms.
• Dubai Lifestyle City’s $650 million “seven star” hotel.
*Salam Beach Resort and Spa Project in Manama, Bahrain, budget of $545 million.
• Also Dubailand – the $505 million America Hotels and Resorts with 500 rooms.
• The five star Durrat Al Bahrain Hotel and Resort in Bahrain, budget of $500 million.
• The 31 storey, $400 million Hajer Tower in Makkah, Saudi Arabia, includes an hotel.
• The $327 million Palaces Hotel and Resort project – also Dubailand, with 1,000 rooms.
TTN is the most established trade publication in the Middle East distributed on a controlled circulation basis to members of the travel and tourism industry.
Published monthly by Al Hilal Publishing and Marketing Group, the region’s foremost trade publisher, TTN is aimed at professionals in the industry, from travel agents to airline and hotel personnel.
TTN provides in-depth and extensive coverage of relevant issues in the Middle East and North Africa as well as in other parts of the world. Travel related news, analysis, and new appointments together with information on up-coming exhibitions, marketing and promotional campaigns are presented in an innovative and striking colour tabloid.
Every issue also contains a collation of international and regional news and topical features of interest to readers.