* The Palm Jumeirah, billed as the eighth wonder of the world, will, when completed, have 22 beachfront, five-star hotels besides the Atlantis and the Trump International Hotel and Tower.
Together, the 22 hotels, including Movenpick, Fairmont, Radisson SAS. Hilton, Metropolitan, Shangrila, One and Only, are expected to welcome 25,000 guests.
* The Trump International Hotel and Tower which was launched in February this year will be a 300-room condo hotel and 360 freehold residences. It due to be completed and handed over in 2009. It will be the first Trump property in the Middle East, and will be the centrepeice of The Palm Jumeirah’s trunk.
* The Atlantis, Kerzner International’s first brand extension -- a $1.5 billion, 1,539 room, water-themed resort --- is expected to open in 2008. The sprawling resort sits on the crescent, the outer ring of The Palm.
* The 17 fronds of the man-made island will also be home to nearly 8,000 residents with residents of the first 1,350 villas on 11 of the 17 fronds moving in late this year.
* The Shoreline Marina will have approximately 400 berths for private vessels between 12 and 60 metres in length and The Golden Mile retail destination will offer more than 200 retail outlets and 860 residential units comprising.
TTN is the most established trade publication in the Middle East distributed on a controlled circulation basis to members of the travel and tourism industry.
Published monthly by Al Hilal Publishing and Marketing Group, the region’s foremost trade publisher, TTN is aimed at professionals in the industry, from travel agents to airline and hotel personnel.
TTN provides in-depth and extensive coverage of relevant issues in the Middle East and North Africa as well as in other parts of the world. Travel related news, analysis, and new appointments together with information on up-coming exhibitions, marketing and promotional campaigns are presented in an innovative and striking colour tabloid.
Every issue also contains a collation of international and regional news and topical features of interest to readers.