Braving the heat in Oman
With the summer heat beating down in full intensity, most people are already looking forward to their vacation.
But those of us who are not so lucky and will be braving the summer heat, the hotels in Oman have come up with a number of options to lure people:
- THE CHEDI MUSCAT: The hotel is offering a sanctuary of luxury and refined, unobtrusive service perfect for celebrating special occasions and luxury getaways. The Chill at the Chedi package starts from RO250 and includes three nights accommodation, breakfast for two served in The Restaurant and one dinner for two up to the value of RO25 per person. In addition, the guests can avail of 25-percent discount on any luxury spa treatment. They can also opt to upgrade to a Chedi Deluxe Room for a supplement of RO65 or to a Chedi Club Suite for an additional RO180.
- SHERATON OMAN HOTEL: The hotel will be introducing a special weekend package as part of its summer activities from June 2 to September 30. This will include an additional package to Sheraton Qurum Beach Resort. For a minimum of three nights stay, guests will get an early check-in and 25-percent discount on all food & beverages throughout their stay.
- CROWNE PLAZA HOTEL MUSCAT: The hotel which is part of InterCon Hotels Group, is enticing visitors in Oman by offering amazing diving packages. The unique cliff-top hotel expects the special dive packages to be extremely popular with tourists looking for more adventure and excitement from their holiday this summer. The two comprehensive packages offered at the Crowne Plaza Muscat – the deep blue sea dive package and the blue water dive package – provide the guidance of qualified PADI instructors, so people can enjoy wreck diving, night diving, deep diving, reef diving and many more style of diving. The hotel is also offering a special weekend package till August 31 for RO48 per night for a double room.
- AL SAWADI BEACH RESORT: The hotel is offering Oman’s first all-inclusive deal of RO30 per head that is inclusive of unlimited fun, food and accommodation. For children below six years, its free entry and a charge of RO8 is for children between 6 and 15 years. If a couple is only keen on a double room accommodation along with breakfast, the resort is charging RO25 per couple that is inclusive of all taxes and service charges.
- RADISSON SAS HOTEL: The hotel is offering a “Get More Summer” loyalty programme with a chance to experience hospitality for the entire family. Guests holding the “Get More” loyalty card can profit from special offers and reductions at Radisson SAS’s parent company Rezidor SAS throughout the year. This promotion will run till August 31. The card allows the guest to collect four nights accommodation at a special discount rate and get the fifth night free. The fifth night can be redeemed at any of the participating hotels from June to August.
- GOLDEN TULIP HOTELS OMAN: The hotel has announced its special summer promotion and packages for Golden Tulip Hotels at Seeb, Khasab Resort, and Golden Tulip Nizwa. All Golden Tulip hotels are offering packages to meet the needs of both the tourist and conference markets.
Golden Tulip Seeb is offering RO19 per person sharing a double room inclusive of taxes and breakfast. In addition, it is offering complimentary airport pickup, access to private beach, complimentary recreational facilities, etc. A maximum of two children under 12 years can share their parent’s room free of charge. Golden Tulip Nizwa Hotel is offering a single room RO17 and double room RO12 plus taxes per person. Package includes welcome drink on arrival, buffet breakfast, free shuttle service to Nizwa souq, etc.
- AL FALAJ HOTEL MUSCAT & RUWI: The hotel is offering a single room for RO17.600 and double/ twin room for RO22.500.
- SUR PLAZA HOTEL: It is offering a single/ double/ twin Room for RO25 that is inclusive of all taxes and service charges and buffet breakfast at the Oyster’s restaurant. Prices are valid until August 30.
BY KAVITA PANDIT