All houses in Al Ain must include examples of Arab architecture.
- Al Ain means spring in Arabic.
- Al Ain covers 1,200 km
- Al Ain is the main town in the Buraimi Oasis, which straddles the border between Abu Dhabi and Oman.
- Its sister town, Buraimi, is on the Omani side of the border, but visitors can move freely between the two, without visa restrictions.
- Al Ain has the most parks – and the most roundabouts – of all the cities in the UAE.
- Jebel Hafeet, 10km from Al Ain, is the highest mountain in the UAE at 1,340m high.
- The hot springs at the base of Jebel Hafeet attract visitors from far and wide to bathe.