The Ritz-Carlton, Sharm El Sheikh, will provide an exclusive check-in experience for young travelers.
A strong believer in the power of children and how they discreetly affect the parents’ decisions, newly-appointed appointed general manager Thorsten Ries, has introduced a new standard operating procedure whereby the young guests become a focal point of attention in the hotel.
The welcome process starts at the point of reservation when the child’s name and age are identified and communicated to various departments in the hotel.
Upon arrival, the young guest is personally welcomed by the Ritz-Kids’ club supervisor, who leaves her business card with the parents and encourages them to call her at anytime.
With a glass of fresh juice, children are given the kids club program and the children’s menu wrapped by a blue Ritz-Carlton ribbon.
Children are then escorted to their room where they find special amenities including toys, baby shampoo, lotion and a POLO kit.
During their stay several pictures will be taken of them taking part in various activities and upon departure, as a fond farewell, they are given a framed photo as a souvenir.
“Our mission is to become the leading child-friendly hotel in Egypt! The parents will spend their vacation comfortable in the knowledge that their children are happy and secure. The Ritz-Carlton, Sharm El Sheikh is the perfect place for that,” said Ries.
The Ritz Carlton offers may top class facilities.
• The One Thousand and One Night: In a scene from Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves, The Ritz-Carlton, Sharm El Sheikh recreates an atmosphere of the mystical tales of Arabia.
Step into a roman-style amphitheatre and embrace the mood of Arabia. A distinctive aspect of Egyptian culture features Bedouin dancers, traditional music, Arabic food, Arabian horses, camels and handicraft. A mysterious dancer sets the mood and the added excitement of hidden treasure to be found somewhere in the grounds of The Ritz-Carlton, Sharm El Sheikh completes the entertainment.
• Fisherman’s Wharf: A relaxed dining experience at the pool edge or within the Roman style amphitheater that lies carved into the shoreline over looking the Red Sea.
An authentic recreation of a seaside village will leave guests questioning their true whereabouts! It is strewn fishermen’s nets and overturned boats.
• Pharaonic Night: Journey back to the Pharaonic era and the times of Anthony and Cleopatra, brought dramatically back to life in the natural stone amphitheatre.
Exquisite menus are presented on traditional papyrus paper by a re-incarnated servant from Pharaonic times. Spotlights glisten over the Red Sea as in the foreground, a special performance of Pharaonic dance captivates.
Dessert arrives with inspirational musical accompaniment that brings the amphitheatre alive.
Starlit Bedouin Feast in the desert: An enchanting night filled with Arabian magic and charm. The natural decoration of bright stars in a dark blue sky leads guests to the dinner table, as it has guided people over the ages through the vast desert. An authentic Bedouin dinner under the night sky is accompanied by traditional Bedouin music, oriental folklore and Arabic songs.
• Quad Runners Thrill: A team building adventure full of fun and excitement.
Explore the silence of the desert on those powerful 4-wheel motorcycles ideally suited to the desert terrain.
• Camel Racing: Take a journey on the back of the desert ship!
• Sinai Trophy: This team building activity is specially made for travellers with a high endurance level and an avid hunger for adventure. The journey begins with a trek to white sand dunes, a climb over them, and a 45-minute camel ride to Makhroum Mountain. Board a quad runner to Nawamees and count the historical burial chambers. Sand ski to the Rock of Inscription from the Nabateen Civilization in 2000BC and complete the trip with a drive to Wadi Ghazala.
• Sailing Trip: This trip is tailor-made for the adventurous at heart. The group sails on a huge sailing boat to Ras Mohamed where guests can dive or snorkel.
TTN is the most established trade publication in the Middle East distributed on a controlled circulation basis to members of the travel and tourism industry.
Published monthly by Al Hilal Publishing and Marketing Group, the region’s foremost trade publisher, TTN is aimed at professionals in the industry, from travel agents to airline and hotel personnel.
TTN provides in-depth and extensive coverage of relevant issues in the Middle East and North Africa as well as in other parts of the world. Travel related news, analysis, and new appointments together with information on up-coming exhibitions, marketing and promotional campaigns are presented in an innovative and striking colour tabloid.
Every issue also contains a collation of international and regional news and topical features of interest to readers.