The Leading Hotels of the World, a collection of more than 375 independent luxury hotels, has added five new global members.
In India, Leading Hotels welcomes The Lodhi, the only hotel in the country currently boasting the Leading Hotels accreditation, and a property recently named the number one hotel in India by Condé Nast Traveler. Nobu Hotel Epiphany Palo Alto joins the collection following its recent Nobu Hotel rebranding, and Hotel Cartesiano, Bellagio Shanghai and The Anandi Hotel and Spa are all new properties, ready to welcome guests in 2017 and 2018. Hotel Cartesiano brings new-luxury to Puebla, perfectly blending past and present in its 18th-century colonial mansions and a more contemporary building, while the exceptional Shanghai properties provide two distinct city experiences. The Anandi Hotel and Spa is a wellness resort that is a sanctuary in the buzzing city, while Bellagio Shanghai, sibling hotel to Bellagio Towers in Las Vegas, offers world-class dining, sleek interiors and expansive event venues on the banks of the Suzhou River.
“It is a pleasure to welcome these five new members to The Leading Hotels of the World,” said Deniz Omurgonulsen, vice president, Membership, The Leading Hotels of the World. “The new properties are expanding Leading Hotels’ global footprint in several new markets that we believe our curious travelers will be eager to explore. From Palo Alto, California and Puebla, Mexico, to New Delhi, India and Shanghai, China, they effortlessly embody the uncommon attributes of the Leading Hotel collection. All properties are deeply rooted in their destinations, and merge style-setting architecture and design with luxurious amenities and localized experiences for guests.”
Nobu Hotel Epiphany Palo Alto (Palo Alto, California, USA)
Nobu Hotel Epiphany Palo Alto is in the heart of California’s Silicon Valley and just moments away from shopping, dining, entertainment and a range of outdoor activities. The 70 room, 13 suite property has simple, sophisticated design, created by the noted firm of McCartan Interior Design that reflects the hotel’s ethos: modern, yet warm; organic, yet tech-savvy; wired, yet easygoing. The property was rebranded to a Nobu Hotel in October 2017, bringing Nobu Hospitality’s founders - renowned Chef Nobu Matsuhisa, Academy Award winner Robert De Niro, and Hollywood producer Meir Teper - celebrated vision to the property. The hotel is home to the west coast's newest Nobu restaurant, and guests hungry late or early can enjoy 24-hour, in-room dining menu from Nobu restaurant.
• An uncommon experience not to miss: Reserve one of the hotel’s bikes and peddle to nearby Stanford University. On the way to the iconic campus visit El Palo Alto, the 1,000-year-old Sequoia Redwood tree that is the inspiration for the beautiful mosaic emblazoned on the side of Nobu Hotel Epiphany Palo Alto and Stanford’s insignia. Once on campus enjoy a guided tour, or for the more experienced biker, ride the trails of Portola Valley for spectacular views.
Hotel Cartesiano (Puebla, Mexico)
The new Hotel Cartesiano opened in October 2017, situated in the historical center of Puebla, just 85 miles South East of Mexico City. Comprising two restored 18th-century colonial mansions and a more contemporary building, the hotel features 40 rooms and 38 suites. Combining past and present in a fluid way with touches of Mexican art and architectural details, accommodations are individually designed and decorated. Dining options include Centena Cuatro, serving a modern interpretation of regional Mexican cuisine with breathtaking views over the city’s famous churches; and Café Hercilia, the more informal courtyard restaurant. At the end of a day of sightseeing, Spa Cartesiano is ideal for relaxation and rejuvenation in luxurious surroundings.
• An uncommon experience not to miss: Puebla’s famous Talavera pottery is found throughout the property. Not far from the hotel guests can explore the city center and many local shops to purchase a special piece of Talavera pottery to take home. Or, venture down the road to the famous antiques market at Callejón de los Sapos to find a treasure.
The Lodhi (New Delhi, India)
A sanctuary in the city, The Lodhi is centrally located on nearly seven acres on the green edge of Lutyens Delhi. The hotel offers a club-like environment in its unique design by the legendary architect Kerry Hill, changing art exhibitions, outstanding cuisine and exceptional service, which provides simple, hassle-free luxury that resonates with its guests. The Lodhi has been extensively refreshed with all 48 rooms and suites featuring private balconies and most with private plunge pools. The hotel’s dining scene is considered amongst the best in the capital, with a team of over hundred chefs who can produce more than 17 cuisines. This includes the award-winning restaurant ‘Indian Accent' which offers an inventive approach to Indian cuisine. Additionally, guests can enjoy The Lodhi’s luxurious spa, stylist curated salon, state-of-the-art health club, 50-meter lap pool, three tennis courts and two squash courts. For those looking to explore off property, the hotel is situated near the Lodi Gardens and is close to many stylish shopping precincts, ten minutes from the center of New Delhi and Connaught Place.
• An uncommon experience not to miss: After a busy day exploring the city, a rejuvenating escape awaits at The Lodhi Spa. The spa’s exclusive hammam and rituals drawing on India’s wealth of therapeutic traditions and other international treatments, is an unmatched experience. Try the Signature Massage which incorporates five different massage techniques of Swedish, Deep Tissue, Thai, Reiki and acupressure. Then as the sun sets, enjoy live music and classic cocktails at the hotel’s new nightclub, The Electric Room.
The Anandi Hotel and Spa (Shanghai, China)
Opening in February 2018, this contemporary hotel has been designed to be the ultimate sanctuary in Shanghai. At the core of all its offerings is the principle of balancing physical, emotional and spiritual well-being. Centrally situated in the Hong Qiao hub, adjoining the Su Zhou River, it is convenient to the city’s most prominent commercial areas. 277 guest rooms, 48 suites and 8 villas feature green technology amenities and products, and negative ion bedding and butler service. The innovative wellness center provides a new concept of integrated healing, delivering a collection health and well-being solutions for overall body rejuvenation, mindfulness, and energy balance therapies.
• An uncommon experience not to miss: Go on a restorative journey at The Anandi Hotel and Spa, Wellness accents come in the form of healing butlers, tailored services based on chi assessment upon check-in, and sleep cycle technology.
Bellagio Shanghai (Shanghai, China)
The Bellagio Shanghai, the sibling hotel to the renowned Bellagio Towers in Las Vegas, will open at the end of December 2017. Set on the banks of the Suzhou River next to the Waibaidu Bridge, the hotel offers incomparable views of the Bund and the Lujiazui district. The property’s 138 rooms and 24 suites are exceptionally spacious. Select rooms feature expansive private terraces and all suites are tended by personal butlers. Reflecting the hotel’s location, interiors are sleek and sophisticated, with art deco accents. A variety of dining options has been conceived, while a well-appointed spa and fitness center offer relaxation and rejuvenation. In addition, there is extensive function and meeting space.
• An uncommon experience not to miss: Dine around the world while at this brand-new hotel. Mansion on One serves classic Cantonese and Shanghainese cuisine and even boasts a Peking Duck oven that is specially handcrafted to serve the best roast duck in Shanghai. As well, award-winning chef Julian Serrano, regarded as one of the finest culinary talents across America, brings his Italian restaurant Lago from Las Vegas to Shanghai.
Adare Manor (County Limerick, Ireland)
The restoration of the historic 19th century neo-Gothic castle – involving all guest rooms and public areas – culminated in November 2017, and began welcoming guests. The project was headed by architects RSA. The property has added a new 42-bedroom wing, a ballroom for up to 350 guests, and a cinema accommodating 30. Tom Fazio directed the re-development of the golf course, which boasts a redesigned clubhouse, twice as much maintained grass as before, and Subair technology to maintain optimal course conditions. A truly unique experience, the new state-of-the-art spa is the first in Ireland and the UK to use La Mer products in its customized facial treatments. - TradeArabia News Service
TTN is the most established trade publication in the Middle East distributed on a controlled circulation basis to members of the travel and tourism industry.
Published monthly by Al Hilal Publishing and Marketing Group, the region’s foremost trade publisher, TTN is aimed at professionals in the industry, from travel agents to airline and hotel personnel.
TTN provides in-depth and extensive coverage of relevant issues in the Middle East and North Africa as well as in other parts of the world. Travel related news, analysis, and new appointments together with information on up-coming exhibitions, marketing and promotional campaigns are presented in an innovative and striking colour tabloid.
Every issue also contains a collation of international and regional news and topical features of interest to readers.