Virgin Atlantic showcases A330 Upper Class cabin
Virgin Atlantic has unveiled the first of its new A330 Upper Class cabins – redesigned in the style of the popular 787 configuration.
By early 2018, Virgin Atlantic will refit all ten of their A330 Upper Class cabins. The aircraft will feature a similar layout and design to the 787 which has been a hit with customers, and will ensure the airline’s business class offering is more consistent across the fleet.
New features of the cabin include new Upper Class seats, more overhead locker space, and the latest touchscreen technology in each suite. Premium Economy is also benefiting from the refit as the airline introduces its innovative ‘Wander Wall’ concept to the A330 for the first time - enabling customers to stretch their legs, mingle and enjoy a complimentary drink or snack during the flight.
Mark Anderson, executive vice-president, customer, commented, “We’re investing over $382 million to improve our customer’s experience of flying with us including a new website, developing a fully wi-fi connected fleet, and the refit of our A330 Upper Class cabins. We’ve incorporated elements of the popular 787 Upper Class cabin such as the comfy leather seats and latest touchscreen technology, as well as extra storage space and introducing a subtler design and mood lighting to help customers relax, and wake up refreshed.”
Key features of the new A330 Upper Class cabin:
ENHANCED CABIN EXPERIENCE
• Upper Class customers will enjoy a redesigned cabin with a new subtle, sophisticated backdrop
• New mood lighting has been introduced to help passengers relax, fall asleep and even adjust time zones
• Additional storage space has been created with 16 new centre overhead lockers, as well as extra space for hanging coats
• The Upper Class cabin features 31 individual seats with direct aisle access
• The new seats are the same design as the 787 (Zodiac UCS3) which flip over with the touch of a button to create a fully flat bed
• Furnished in espresso leather the seats have been specifically designed for Virgin Atlantic to give customers the feeling of sitting in their favourite armchair
• The new Upper Class suites will also feature the latest touch screen technology to make it even easier to scroll and select entertainment
• Each seat will feature an 11.1” smart touchscreen monitor, a Panasonic Touch Screen Handset, and USB hubs
• The bar has been relocated and is now adjacent to the wander wall in premium. This provides more privacy between the communal area and the nearest seats in Upper Class or Premium Economy
• New to the Upper Class cabin bar area is a 24” touchscreen monitor over the bar showing looped animations that complement the cabin environment.