• The new year began on a high for Dubai Duty Free which announced record annual sales for 2001 of Dh888 million ($244 million) representing an 11 per cent increase over sales the previous year.
• The operation was honoured at the Dubai government's annual Quality Awards when Colm McLoughlin was presented with the Dubai Quality Award 'Company of the year - Trade' in the Gold category.
• Dubai Duty Free recorded a new daily record of Dh4.3 million ($1.2m) worth of sales representing 29,000 transactions.
• A record month for Dubai Duty Free with sales totalling Dh90.7 million ($25 million) beating the previously monthly record of Dh84.3 million ($22.9 million) set in March 2001.
• Dubai Duty Free was awarded the 'Best Duty Free Shopping' award by Business Traveller UK magazine.
• Dubai Duty Free won an industry award when it was named 'Middle East Travel Retailer of the Year'.
• First half results for Dubai Duty Free reached a record Dh511.6 million ($140 million) representing a 10 per cent increase over the same period last year.
• Dubai Duty Free received the Al Iktissad Wal Aamal award for the 'Favourite Duty Free in an Arab Country'.
• The operation created a new retail benchmark announcing monthly sales figures of Dh102.6 million ($28.5 million) representing a 59 per cent increase in sales over October 2001.
• On November 1, Dubai Duty Free witnessed a new daily sales record of Dh4.36 million ($1.2 million).
• On December 11, 2002 at 6.57pm Dubai Duty Free sales passed the Dh1 billion ($280 million) annual sales target, over two weeks ahead of schedule.
TTN is the most established trade publication in the Middle East distributed on a controlled circulation basis to members of the travel and tourism industry.
Published monthly by Al Hilal Publishing and Marketing Group, the region’s foremost trade publisher, TTN is aimed at professionals in the industry, from travel agents to airline and hotel personnel.
TTN provides in-depth and extensive coverage of relevant issues in the Middle East and North Africa as well as in other parts of the world. Travel related news, analysis, and new appointments together with information on up-coming exhibitions, marketing and promotional campaigns are presented in an innovative and striking colour tabloid.
Every issue also contains a collation of international and regional news and topical features of interest to readers.